This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2021)
|Part of a series on|
Relationship anarchy (sometimes abbreviated RA) is the application of anarchist principles to intimate relationships. Its values include autonomy, anti-hierarchical practices, lack of state control, anti-normativity, and community interdependence. RA can be considered a type of non-monogamy, but moreso is explicitly anti-mononormativity. This is distinct from polyamory, solo poly, swinging, and other forms of “dating”, which may include structures such as amatonormativity, de facto hierarchy of intimate relationships, and autonomy-limiting rules.
|Part of a series on|
Andie Nordgren coined the term relationship anarchy in her 2006 essay "The short instructional manifesto for relationship anarchy" that she translated from the original Swedish "Relationsanarki i 8 punkter". Swedish masters and bachelor theses by Jacob Strandell and Ida Midnattssol explored related themes. Other relevant writings exploring this topic within a similar time frame include "A Green Anarchist Project on Freedom" and "Love and Against the Couple Form".
Workshops at OpenCon 2010 discussed relationship anarchy, and the Open University professor Dr. Meg Barker discussed it in a 2013 presentation. In March 2020, the first book dedicated monographically to RA was published, so far only in Spanish: "Anarquía Relacional. La revolución desde los vínculos".
- Anarchism and issues related to love and sex
- Free love within Anarchism
- Queer anarchism
- "The Difference Between Relationship Anarchy and Non-Hierarchical Polyamory". Relationship Anarchy (in English). Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- De las Heras Gómez, Roma (2018-12-20). "Thinking Relationship Anarchy from a Queer Feminist Approach". Sociological Research Online. SAGE Publications. 24 (4): 644–660. doi:10.1177/1360780418811965. ISSN 1360-7804. S2CID 220124663.
- Nordgren, Andie. "The short instructional manifesto for relationship anarchy", Andie's Log, July 6, 2012.
- Strandell, Jacob (Spring 2012). On the Possibilities and Impossibilities of Love: Mapping the discursive field of love-relationships, its components, conflicts and challenges (PDF) (Masters). Halmstad University, School of Social and Health Sciences.
- Midnattssol, Ida (January 1, 2013). Ett relationsanarkistiskt ställningstagande - en undersökning av subjektspositionering inom relationsanarki – via umu.diva-portal.org.
- "So what's OpenCon all about, then? | Polytical". 2013-12-03. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2020-09-26.
- "Rewriting the Rules of Relationships". prezi.com (in English). Retrieved 2020-09-26.
- Pérez Cortés, Juan Carlos. (2020). Anarquía relacional : la revolución desde los vínculos. Madrid: La Oveja Roja. ISBN 978-84-16227-33-4. OCLC 1176250441.