Mosstodloch (Scottish Gaelic: Mos Tudlach) is a small village in Moray, Scotland, lying near the A96 between Fochabers and Elgin on the west bank of the River Spey.
The village was served by Balnacoul Halt railway station from 1893 to 1931.
It has a primary school, Mosstodloch Primary School, which has 161 pupils. The school was built in 1968, and in February 2012, a campaign was underway to build a new school building. Its secondary pupils usually attend Milne's High School in Fochabers.
Construction work on a bypass for Mosstodloch and the neighbouring village of Fochabers, costing £31.5m, started in February 2010 and the Mosstodloch section opened on 27 September 2011. The Fochabers section opened in January 2012. The project was significantly delayed due to conflict regarding the proposed route, and discovery of a Neolithic settlement on the site of the bypass, at Coul Brae, Mosstodloch.
The village also fields a team, Mosstodloch FC in the local welfare league.
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-03. Retrieved 2016-10-08.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ↑ "Mosstodloch Primary School, Mosstodloch".
- ↑ "Mosstodloch Primary School - Moray Council". 2004-01-23.
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2012-09-02.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ↑ http://www.northern-scot.co.uk/News/New-school-for-Mosstodloch-call-17022012.htm[bare URL]
- ↑ "Fochabers bypass work under way". 2010-02-02.
- ↑ Gray, Héléna; Suddaby, Ian (2012). "Early Neolithic pits, an Iron Age ring-ditch house and associated features at Coul Brae, Mosstodloch, Moray". Scottish Archaeological Journal. 34–35: 25–70. doi:10.3366/saj.2012.0036.
- ↑ http://archaeologydataservice.ac.uk/myads/copyrights?from=2f6172636869766544532f61726368697665446f776e6c6f61643f743d617263682d3832332d312f64697373656d696e6174696f6e2f7064662f6366616172636861312d34393935395f322e706466[permanent dead link]
- ↑ "Football Team Management App | Soccer Software".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mosstodloch.|
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 492: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 1238: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- CS1 maint: archived copy as title
- All articles with bare URLs for citations
- Articles with bare URLs for citations from May 2021
- Articles with invalid date parameter in template
- CS1: long volume value
- All articles with dead external links
- Articles with dead external links from April 2020
- Articles with permanently dead external links
- Pages with script errors
- Articles containing Scottish Gaelic-language text
- Commons category link is defined as the pagename
- Villages in Moray