HMS Lochinvar (shore establishment)
HMS Lochinvar was a minesweeping training "stone frigate" (shore establishment) of the Royal Navy, sited at Port Edgar on the Firth of Forth. It was established in 1939. From 1943 to 1946 it was temporarily transferred to nearby Granton Harbour while Port Edgar became a training centre for the 1944 Normandy Landings. HMS Lochinvar closed in 1975 when its operations moved across the Forth to HMS Caledonia in the rebuilt naval base at Rosyth.
- "South Queensferry, Port Edgar Harbour". Canmore database. Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland. Retrieved 2009-07-03.
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 492: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).