St Swithun's Church in Clunbury
|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 408: Malformed coordinates value.|
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Post town||CRAVEN ARMS|
The village lies between 145m and 155m above sea level. To the north the Clun and Kemp rivers flow, before meeting to the northeast. A lane runs up to the B4368 / B4385 crossroads at Little Brampton, and crosses these rivers by bridges.
The Domesday Book lists Cluneberie within the ancient hundred of Rinlau in 1086, one of many possessions of Picot de Say. From the 12th century through the 19th century, Clunbury was situated in Purslow hundred.
The church is called St Swithun's Church.
In November 2007, Clunbury Primary School was awarded the Becta ICT Excellence Award for its use of technology.
Ida Gandy describes life in Clunbury in the 1930s in her book An idler on the Shropshire borders.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Retrieved 22 November 2015.
- Ordnance Survey mapping
- Open Domesday Online: Clunbury; accessed August 2018.
- "Edujam article". Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 31 December 2011.
- Wikisource: "A Shropshire Lad" L
- Gandy, Ida (1970). An idler on the Shropshire borders. Shrewsbury: Wilding and Son Limited.
Lua error in Module:Authority_control at line 1174: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).