|187 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||940|
|Balinese saka calendar||108–109|
|Chinese calendar||丙寅年 (Fire Tiger)|
2883 or 2823
— to —
丁卯年 (Fire Rabbit)
2884 or 2824
|Coptic calendar||−97 – −96|
|- Vikram Samvat||243–244|
|- Shaka Samvat||108–109|
|- Kali Yuga||3287–3288|
|Iranian calendar||435 BP – 434 BP|
|Islamic calendar||448 BH – 447 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1725 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||498/499 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||729–730|
313 or −68 or −840
— to —
314 or −67 or −839
Year 187 (CLXXXVII) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Quintius and Aelianus (or, less frequently, year 940 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 187 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Lucius Septimius Severus, (born in Leptis Magna), is named legate of Lyonnais (Gaul).
- Septimius Severus marries a Syrian princess Julia Domna (age 17), she is the youngest daughter of high-priest Julius Bassianus, a descendant of the Royal House of Emesa. Her elder sister is Julia Maesa.
- Another plague hits Rome.
- Clodius Albinus defeats the Chatti, a highly organized German tribe that controlled the area that includes the Black Forest.
- Olympians succeeds Pertinax as Patriarch of Constantinople.